Updated as of May 26, 2020
Can I Come Visit Right Now?
The Earthbox Inn and Spa will be re-opening in Washington State's Phase III. Book your reservations online HERE. If you are visiting for Essential Travel prior to that, please call us, we are here for you.
What if I Have to Cancel?
We understand these are uncertain times for everyone and the safety and wellbeing of our guests is our highest priority. For any COVID-19 related cancellations of reservations made for the remainder of 2020, we are offering fully-refundable bookings.
Why Stay at the Earthbox Inn?
- We have a completely touch-free check-in procedure.
- Our Motor Inn-style layout, with each room having its own exterior entrance, lends itself perfectly to a social-distancing stay.
- All of our rooms feature microwaves, mini-fridges and coffee makers so you can bring your own food if you like and keep the beer and ice cream cold.
- We are located in the heart of Friday Harbor within walking distance to all restaurants, museums, sights and shops.
- We’ve created garden spots throughout our property, adhering to social distancing guidelines, for take-out picnics and lounging in the sun all throughout our property.
- We’ve implemented a customer service and maintenance protocol which insures the health and safety of our guests and staff alike.
- We monitor our employee's health daily and don't permit anybody to work if presenting with any Covid-19 related symptoms.
- Our limited, contact-free Housekeeping will insure you’ll have everything you’ll need, without having people come into your room during your stay.
- Do you have any questions or concerns for your next getaway? Please contact us, we would love to chat with you!
Is There Enough to do on San Juan Island Right Now?
Yes! We feel blessed that many of the island’s most popular activities provide natural social distancing: like hiking, biking, birding, whale and wildlife watching from land. Find 5 Unique San Juan Island Hikes here. You can even use our self-check-out complimentary beach cruiser bikes for a ride to the nearest beach. Other great activities during your stay might include:
- A visit to San Juan Vineyards for a wine tasting;
- A stroll through the 40-acre San Juan Sculpture Park on the north end of the isle
- A trip to the Alpaca Farm
- Picking up some fresh oysters from Westcott Bay Shellfish Co. and grilling them over a bonfire on South Beach for sunset.
Are the Restaurants Open?
Restaurants are currently open for take-out only. But, oh the possibilities! Why not have lunch on the docks watching Friday Harbor’s sailboats bob in the water? Or head to the Whale Watch Park and dine at a picnic table overlooking the serene Salish Sea. Want something super chill? How about pizza, beer and a movie in your comfy bed?
Are the Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna and Fitness Center Open? Not yet, stay tuned!
Is the Spa Open? Not yet, stay tuned!
Bring Your Own PPE: We urge you to bring your own Personal Protection Equipment. Some stores may require that you wear a mask to enter. The availability of masks, gloves and hand sanitizer on the island may be limited at times.
How do I Travel Safely to San Juan Island Right Now? We recommend taking the Washington State Ferry from Anacortes and that you stay in your car during the one-hour ride over or plan on wearing your PPE.
Last But not Least!
We love what we do and we love YOU! Making our guests day and stay is what we live for. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and learning how to be there for you while we social distance is the hardest part of trying to figure out where to go from here. We are committed continuing to provide the service that you deserve! We are here for you. If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to make a reservation, please don’t hesitate to call us: 360.378.4000.